Here is a recap of articles I posted in August to my blog at Netcordia:
- “Quick Network Redundancy Test” describes why and how you should test the network redundancy that you think is in place in your network.
- “Configuration Policy Functionality” talks about necessary functions for configuration management and some deficiencies in several network configuration management systems.
- “High Availability Networking (>5-nines)” summarizes one of the best CiscoLive sessions I attended this year. It describes key factors that influence network high availability.
- “Fixing problems at the right OSI layer” looks at using OSI layers to speed up troubleshooting.
- “TCP Performance and the Mathis Equation” discusses how to include packet loss factors into TCP throughput equations using use bandwidth, delay, and window size.